My studies on Whiskerology provided me with several facts that would surprise any pet owner. For this #WhiskerWednesday, I'm going to share a few with you.
1. A cat's whiskers help measure the width of an opening before attempting to go through it.
2. Whiskers help felines feel around and navigate in the dark.
3. You can determine how your cats emotions based on its whiskers positioning. Your cat is relaxed when the whiskers are hanging loose, and your cat is frightened when they are pressed against their face.
4. The whiskers help ensure that a cat's prey is in the proper spot to be picked up.
5. Your cat's whiskers color can change with age, however, you may not notice it.
6. Whiskers are a rigid hair that is embedded into the skin of a hair that's filled with blood vessels. This makes the whiskers extremely sensitive.
7. In grassy areas, whiskers are a lifesaver for cats as they protect the eyes from debris.